Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Fragmented

My life, both online and off, is fragmented.

My friends are scattered around the globe these days instead of the city.
I have to keep journals at five different places to keep up with everyone.
I have to be on five different IM networks to keep up with everyone.
They're scattered over different web sites.
I have too many interests and divide up my energy into slivers
I have too many interests and divide my time into slivers

***

I hate trying to make new friends but need to.
I hate old friends who don't make any effort unless they want something.

***

I was talking to someone yesterday and they suddenly asked me how I was doing. It was funny since she'd been going on forever about her problems, which she has been for the last several months, and I think she suddenly realised I was getting bored with it and wanted to make sure I'd keep on listening. I thought that even more since it took less than a minute to shift back to her.

***

I would give up 20 IQ points for a good dollop of drive.

0 comments: