Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Dear MPAA/RIAA/TV People

Please to be using technology to advance us please to be stop using old laws to stop technology.

Some ideas for you to use that would help you harass the power of the internet for...profit!

1) Start offering a listing of the songs from shows from the last week and offering...downloads! I heard the song, I know I wanted to hear it again; you are all missing out by not selling something that costs you almost nothing. It gives a legal way to get these tunes, promotes the bands and makes you money. I'm going to burn the cd myself so you aren't even out the cost of the media or the storefront etc, just some dude to watch the computers

2) Start offering downloads of the show. Same deal as above. You can charge a couple of bucks and by the end of the season; I have a set that you did not have to do anything for but offer up a download. It lets lesser shows stay around legally and you do not have to put out collections for things that did not do well in the ratings but we liked enough to record. I would pay a little bit for a better legal copy, which brings us to:

3) Learn how to tier your sets. You need to release three of them. One that's just the show (or cd), one that has some gives the groovy dvd extras and one that is the super deluxe version that gives extended versions, directors cuts, booklets etc. And this is the important part: RELEASE THEM ALL AT THE SAME TIME. You aren't stealing sales from yourself but when you delay the release of the set with the extras, you’re pissing off the very people you want to buy those sets.

4) Release movies in the theatre, on DVD and Pay Per View the same day. Or only delay the release of the DVD and Pay Per View a week after the theatrical release. Do you not know yet that the audiences for these are different? You are losing money by not doing this.

Make it so.


PS Hi Brenda

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh Oh - my stalker status has been found out! Hi back to ya! Glad to see you posting!

beaglebot said...

Yeah. I've just been working too much. I decided this week that I don't care how ehind I get, they can hire me help instead of just thinking I'll work horrid hours.

Anonymous said...

Ummm, that hasn't worked at my job yet - but I will wish you luck, anyway! Ha!

Anonymous said...

WHAT IS THISSSSSSSSSS

I love book and am glad to be on your site. If you want to find out more about......book then go visit http://homebooks4u.com......You wont be disapointed..