Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Movie Review: Happy Accidents

Netflix: Happy Accidents: "Ruby Weaver (Marisa Tomei) is tired of being the 'enabler' in relationships and has decided to give up the role of doormat. She's also on the verge of giving up on love. But a sweet, small-town guy, Sam Deed (Vincent D'Onofrio), changes her mind, and it seems Ruby's finally found a sane boyfriend. Or has she? Soon, Sam's divulging that he's a time traveler from the year 2470 … and Ruby must decide whether love conquers all."

I loved this movie. I'm a big fan of D'Onofrio so I may be a bit biased but still. I'm sorry I missed this on the big screen. D'Onofrio is at his quirky best and Tomei gives a solid performance that kept me wanting to watch.

A great example of science fiction by script instead of by effect.

Four Paws and a tail wag

0 comments: